WARNING: Unpopular political opinions ahead. But hey, this is my own personal blog, so welcome to a small part of my brain. ;~)
Tonight marks the end of the Republican National Convention, and I'm a lot more excited about the Republican ticket for President/Vice-President than I thought I was going to be a mere week ago.
(Oh, hi, by the way. I'm now on the other end of the country, still unpacking boxes after three months, but I thought it was time for a blog redecorating day and high time to blow the dust off this poor little blog. ;~))
I'm unashamedly a conservative, which means more often than not I support the Republican party, which seems to be rather unusual in my age group. I supported Mike Huckabee throughout the primary season, and wasn't particularly enthusiastic about John McCain as the final nominee. I was ready to vote for him in November, but more as an anti-Democrat vote than anything else.
Then last Friday he announced his pick for VP--Sarah Palin, governor of Alaska, a very spunky conservative woman. And I got way more fired up about the ticket than I ever thought I would be. So I've been enjoying watching the convention unfold this week, shaking my head at how ridiculously left-biased the majority of the media is, and have been cheering on Sarah Palin like nobody's business. (I've also come to appreciate John McCain more--his hour long speech tonight covered a lot of ground, and the last part actually moved me to tears, so go him!)
Also? I'd just like to say how sad it is that a good chunk of Americans are apathetic enough about the political process that they'll tune into maybe a debate or two, watch the political commercials and read articles from one or two papers, and think they know all there is to know about the person who wants to run our country. Every media outlet has a bias, and it's really annoying to hear false information parroted back (about either candidate, honestly) because you're too lazy to go and do a few hours of research on your own. If, after that, you honestly don't like the candidate you thought you didn't like when you started out, well, good. But please, get informed! That's the beauty of the Information Age--there are so many places to go to get your hands on information!
I'm sure I'll blog more about the political race as it draws closer to November, but the last thing I'd like to say tonight is you go Sarah Palin! A politician with an 80% approval rating and a snarky sense of humor? You can be my VP any day of the week.
Friday, September 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Yes! Great post, I too hold to these beliefs, of course you know that, but had to say it anyway!
I love Sarah Palin, and Mrs. McCain is something else, the clothes, earrings, hair, and glasses are just wonderful!!! If we could get these two in the
White House, wowzer, we would have some fun! Maybe the nation would start dressing and acting classier. Now that would be something huh??
The dinner went fantastic tonight, it was a blast, good food, good friends and CHEESECAKE WITH BERRIES DRIPPING DOWN THE SIDES!!!!
The photographer was here taking random shots of everyone, it was really fun, they all left around 10PM! They were all fat and sassy after consuming way too many calories...couldn't of been the Lasgana with the cream cheese, could it?
OK, better go to bed, have your Mom read your comment! I will be calling her after breakfast to fill her in on all the details.
XO,
Donna Lynn
That's my girl! And I'm proud of you! You are a well informed, thoughtful and highly intelligent woman and the world is yours for the taking. YOU GO GIRL!!
XXOO
OK I'm right there with ya! Love the "team" now! Are you Victoria's daughter? xo rachel
I think.. I think.. I hope she will run for President one day.
great post! I agree with you on everything! I hate it when people just vote for somebody for no reason or because they are to busy to check facts. This is why I don't like election seasons. I am ready for it to be over! Hopefully with the McCain/Palin ticket in office.
Post a Comment